Over the past few years, I’ve tried a lot of different tools to help myself stay organized. Some worked, and some didn’t, but each one helped me get my life a bit more organized.
At this point, I’ve got a solid system worked out for dealing with all of the electronic cruft that shows up in my life, and over the next two weeks I’ll share those tools and techniques with you. I’ll cover ways to get your inbox under control, be able to access any of your files from anywhere, keep your to-do list tidy, never fear a computer crash again and much more.
There are many tools out there to help you, but the problem now is finding the right ones. Not only will I help you find the best tools, but I’ll show you how best to use them and how to make them work together. Even better, almost every tool I showcase is free.
I started on Monday, December 7 and I covered one aspect of your life each weekday for two weeks. Here’s what’s we talked about:
- Monday, Dec 7 – Get control of your email
- Tuesday, Dec 8 – Keep up with the sites you care about
- Wednesday, Dec 9 – Manage your calendar
- Thursday, Dec 10 – Organize your files
- Friday, Dec 11 – Organize your photos
- Monday, Dec 14 – Streamline your lifestream
- Tuesday, Dec 15 – Organize your tasks
- Wednesday, Dec 16 – Take advantage of the small breaks of time
- Thursday, Dec 17 – Get control of your finances
- Friday, Dec 18 – Capture everything else