Lots more information about the Facebook 3.0 app is coming out. AppAdvice has posted a variety of features that you’ll find in the new app, such as:
- The new news feed, similar to the news feed on the main Facebook site.
- You can “like” items.
- No push notification, though they’re hoping to release that with 3.1
- Events, and you can even RSVP. Can’t visit an event’s wall, though.
- Notes, but no note tagging.
- Pages, which you can “fully interact” with
- Create new photo albums
- Upload images to any photo album
- Zoom into photos
- Easier photo tagging
- Profile picture albums
- New home screen. This sounds cool. You have nine boxes to play with and add links to — people, pages, etc. You can create multiple screens of boxes for other people, pages. However, once you add an item it’s stuck — no moving or deleting it unless you reinstall the app. Yes, this will be fixed for 3.1.
- Call/text directly from the Friends page.
- Partial messages will be restored if you quit while typing (to take a phone call, for example).
- Upload video from 3GS, but you can’t play any videos on the phone.
- No landscape mode.
Still no word on the exact release date, as that’s in Apple’s hands. I’d expect it in the next few days, but you never know.